Out in the open, Windows 10 is the most efficient and popular desktop operating system in the world. Let me tell you the surprising news that more than 900 million devices are currently running Microsoft Windows.
The original kingpin of OS continues to update with the latest features that can help you to use your computer at a much smoother and faster speed. But new features sometimes come with great complexity.
As Windows 7 is ruled out the word, so most people have shifted to Windows 10. This new Window has lots of new applications, settings, and customization options to make sure that you are getting the right benefit out of new technology. So, staying updated can equip you with lots of new fun.
In This Article
But Windows 10 is so messy that you might not realize its new special features that can boost your computer’s speed, media streaming to multiple devices, and full customization options. Besides this, it has lots of novel features which can surprise you.
Do you know “How to use Windows 10?” If not then it’s highly necessary to learn about the new features of Windows 10 and possible handy ways to use it. Let’s discuss how you can make the most out of your Windows 10.
Stunning Features To Use In Windows 10
Out in the open, Windows 10 is the most recent and loved version which almost all users are loving the most. Although it has many novel features to let you enjoy it the most, you might find it hard to use them.
But why this is so? To be clear, Windows 10 has lots of features, so most people can’t explore every area in detail. And hence many features stay hidden.
Moreover, the exposed and well-known features aren’t that easy to use due to their complex navigation options.
Finally, you don’t need to be worried as we are going to discuss some handy features of Windows 10 along with the steps to make the most out of them!
1. Customize The Start Menu
The very first thing you might be noticing with Windows10 is the vibrant, colorful start menu.
Previously, we were navigation it as a button on the bottom of the screen which is now grown to offer you a full-screen experience. Moreover, it comes with “live tiles” to show you images and advertisements.
But now the question is how to customize the start menu? Well, you need to follow the given steps to accomplish your task.
- Click on the windows icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Then click on the start button.
- Visit the settings option there.
- Finally, click on “Personalization” and start the customization to enjoy the decent looks of your environment.
From this customization option, you can see your desired system folder on the left-hand side, get information about recently added apps, can easily resize or rearrange the tiles, and much more.
What if you don’t like the start menu? Simply, you can get back to your old menu y going through the following steps.
- Head in to start and open the settings.
- Go to personalization and click on start. Here, you will find the options to turn off every button.
- Finally, you will step into your most familiar menu!
2. Make Use Of Focus Assist
Sometimes we got interrupted from our work due to notification pop-ups and other such things. So, there are higher chances that such notifications might be taking away your attention from what you really need to be doing.
To resolve all these problems, Focus Assist is now introduced in Windows 10 to provide you with the best experience.
All you need to do is to flick the switch to get rid of alerts, notifications, and more from distracting you.
To find and use Focus Assist you have to follow the following steps.
- Firstly, visit the settings, then open the system, and there you will find the Focus Assist.
- You can configure it to automatically turn on during certain usage hours.
- Turn off the notifications to get rid of embarrassing pop-ups.
- Stunningly, you can also customize the priority of displayed notifications.
But what if you still want to receive notifications of some important applications? Don’t worry, now you can also do this by going through the following steps.
- Once you have reached to Focus Assist settings, select the “Priority Only” option which lies under the settings.
- Here, you will find the option “Customize your priority list”.
- Finally, select the important applications and people you want to receive alerts from. This will help you to stay focused on what you want.
Hold in there, we have another thing to tell you. You can visit the action center to get an idea of what you missed when Focus Assist was enabled. In this way, you don’t need to be worried about the missed notifications or any other important alerts.
3. Quickly Search Your Things
On the moral high ground, the search feature in Windows 10 is the most loved addition to the entire operating system.
It not only helps you to find the misplaced files but also the search is fully integrated into system menus to provide you with the best of both worlds. You need to go through the following steps to search for your desired items.
- You can simply type in the taskbar at the bottom of the search window and it will offer you what you need.
- Stunningly, you can also narrow down the search by category. To do so you have to look at the top left of the window and choose one icon from the 3 displayed.
- Here, you can guide windows to the only search in documents, Apps, and the web.
Do you know how to get quick access to the most used programs? If you want to do so you just need to visit the search window which shows the top apps you used the most.
Moreover, it also shows your recent activities. Finally, you can click on the files or programs you are aiming to open again.
4. Efficiently Use Cloud Clipboard
Many people love to use Cloud Clipboard as it allows them to smoothly copy and paste text, pictures, and links across different devices.
Looks handy, isn’t it? Well, now we are left with the question “How to use Cloud Clipboard?”. Let’s look at the steps to do the right trick.
- To start with the cloud clipboard, you need to hit the Windows Key + V. There, you will be able to see the content which you previously copied or clipped such as HTML, texts, and images of less than 1MB.
- You can share the copied text on the clipboard history to all devices which are signed in to the same Microsoft account. Remember to keep the text size less than 100kb.
- If you want to select something from the clipboard history, just left-click on it. Then select Paste from the dropdown menu or you can simply press Ctrl + V and paste the selected content wherever needed.
5. Get Access To Multiple Virtual Desktops
Managing multiples projects on a single desktop aren’t that easy. That’s why Windows 10 is now bringing multiple virtual desktops features to let you work with ease. By using these features, you can quickly add unlimited numbers of virtual desktops to easily complete your multiple tasks. By using this newly added feature, you can
- View your virtual desktop
- Move applications to different desktops
- Show windows on all desktops
- Close pages on selected desktops
- First of all, you need to find the Task View Button and click on it to open up the new Task View pane. You can find the Task View Button on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen or simply press Windows Key + Tab to quickly get it in your hands.
- After opening up you will see all your currently open tasks in which you’re working. But you need to look at the top right of your screen to find the “+ New Desktop” option.
- Now click on the “+ New Desktop” to add as many virtual desktops as you want.
Switching Between Virtual Desktops
Unquestionably, you will need to switch between different virtual desktops to complete different tasks. You can easily do this by following the given steps.
- Firstly, open the Task View Pane
- Click on the desktop where you want to land
- Or simply press Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow.
- Finally, you know everything which can help you to quickly move from desktop to desktop to access different projects or other associated tasks.
6. Ways To Use Night Mode And Dark Mode
Most people work at night or early in the morning. So, you might need to full the brightness. But it can cause eye strain and headaches.
During this tough Covid lockdown, we all are spending lots of time on online meetings and classes. But you might notice that sitting straight in front of a huge monitor can expose you to shinning white light.
In this way, your face will be over-exposed which you won’t like by any means. But how to get rid of it? You can do so in just a few simple steps.
- First of all, you need to visit the settings of your device.
- Then click on the “System”.
- Next, you will find the “Display”.
- Click on the “Night Light” option to enable it.
Finally, you will get the Night light which is a blue light filter that uses warmer colors at night to help you in reducing the eyestrain.
Stunningly, you will look a lot better in videos call by turning on this option.
On the moral high ground, the dark mode is highly efficient to make the bright screen a little darker. It allows you to enjoy white text against a black or gray background and hence you can make the most out of your Windows Apps. You can simply customize the dark mode in the giveaway.
- Open the settings of dark mode.
- Go to the personalization option.
- Finally, select the color which you want to use as background.
- Stunningly, you can select different colors at different times of the day and select those that suit you the best.
Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts
|Ctrl + C||Copy|
|Ctrl + X||Cut|
|Ctrl + V||Paste|
|F11 or Windows key + Up arrow||Maximize Window|
|Windows logo key + Tab||Open Task View|
|Windows key + D||Display and hide the desktop|
|Alt + Tab||Switch between open apps|
|Windows key + X||Open the Quick Link menu|
|Windows key + L||Lock your PC|
Frequently Asked Question
Grounded in fact, Windows 10 is the most widely used version of the Windows operating system. Most people are stepping into this Windows due to its stunning features.
Although the features on Windows 10 are just awesome, using them isn’t that easy. That’s why most people ask the questions that How to use Windows 10? Don’t worry and just go through the guide to know about stunning features and to get deep insights into each feature. Give it a go-to to use Windows 10 like a pro!