The regular Acer users might have faced the black screen issue at some point in their life. If they have not encountered such issues before there is still no guarantee that they would never face it in the future as well.
A black screen is a common issue Acer, Hp, Lenovo, Asus, and Dell users face. The cause can be different for every user, it can be some operating system, damaged display, booting, hardware, or overheating issue.
In This Article
How To Fix Acer Laptop Black Screen?
The black screen seems like a big issue that needs professional help but it’s “actually” quite easy and quick to fix.
Fortunately, you do not need to have the technical know-how to fix the black screen issue.
The regular Acer users have now found several simplest and effective ways to fix such minor issues. The black screen issue can be fixed by;
- Updating BIOS.
- Inspecting virus and malware.
- Power resting your laptop.
- Updating graphics card drivers.
- Pressing key shortcuts (F9, F2, or F10).
- Checking or replacing the AC adapter and battery.
- Using Windows Boot Genius.
#1. Updating BIOS
First of all, let us inform you that BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. This software’s job is to identify and troubleshoot hardware issues.
The black screen issue can be fixed by updating BIOS, software stored on the small memory chip in the motherboard of the laptop or computer. To update this software you have to;
- Go to the Acer Support page.
- Find the BIOS file for your laptop model.
- Download it to the USB drive.
- Run and follow the instructions provided.
- Wait for the process to end.
[su_photo_panel shadow=”3px 3px 3px #eeeeee” text_align=”center” photo=”https://itslaptop.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Updating-BIOS.jpg” alt=”Updating BIOS” target=”blank”][su_button url=”https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#2871de” color=”#ffffff” size=”8″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: long-arrow-right”]Go To Acer Support Page[/su_button][/su_photo_panel]
[su_panel shadow=”2px 2px 2px #653fa0″]Once the whole updating process is complete, the Acer laptop’s black screen will vanish and you would be able to use the laptop as you used to be. [/su_panel]
#2. Inspecting Virus And Malware
Viruses are mainly the reason why mostly we encounter the black screen issue.
Viruses and malware damage the internal system and we all of a sudden end up having a plain black screen staring back at us.
Inspecting and scanning your windows system can help you get rid of the issue safely and effectively.
Windows Defender may or may not be enough, you need to run a strong anti-virus program like Avira or Panda. This process will be a little time-consuming so better not to waste your time on Windows Defender.
Run any of the suggested antivirus programs, check if any malware is deducted, follow the instructions to get rid of the issue.
#3. Power Resetting your Laptop
Power reset might end you up losing your important data but it is proven to work for many Acer users. If you are fine with losing your data, here is what you are required to do;
- Turn off the laptop or personal computer
- Remove all attached peripheral devices; hard drives, battery, and AC adapter cable, etc
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Release the power button
- Wait for the laptop to boot up during the said period
- Put the battery back in and plug the charger
- Press the power button as usual and wait for the laptop to turn on
[su_panel shadow=”2px 2px 2px #653fa0″]For most Acer users, power resetting resolves the issues. If for some reason the issue still prevails, you have to identify the issue and find a possible solution.[/su_panel]
#4. Updating Graphics Card Drivers
Black screen, most of the time, is caused by viruses or missing or outdated graphics cards. Remember! You have to identify the cause to resolve the issue.
Go ahead verify if the graphic drivers in your laptop are up to date? If the graphic drivers are outdated, the drivers are needed to be updated to resolve the black screen issue.
Now the graphic drivers can be updated manually or by using drivers Easy. Updating the graphic drivers manually requires time, patience, and some basic computing skills however, the other solution is quick and easy.
[su_photo_panel shadow=”3px 3px 3px #eeeeee” text_align=”center” photo=”https://itslaptop.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Updating-Graphics-Card-Drivers.jpg” alt=”Updating Graphics Card Drivers” url=”https://amzn.to/2W2GWbq” target=”blank”][su_button url=”https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#2871de” color=”#ffffff” size=”8″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: download”]Download Acer Drivers[/su_button][/su_photo_panel]
To update the drivers manually, you have to search, download, install the latest graphic drivers manually. Once the latest version is installed, run and follow the instructions to get rid of the issue safely.
However, fixing the issue using Drivers Easy is not that complicated, it will automatically recognize your system and find a suitable driver. All you have to do is;
- Download and install Drivers Easy from a reliable source
- Run Drivers Easy and hit the scan now button
- Wait for the Drivers Easy to scan and detect the issues
- Click the “update” option(it would be right next to the flagged graphics device) to download the correct and updated graphics drivers
- Wait for the “update all” option to appear, hit the update all option as soon as it appears
- Your job is done, restart your computer and get ready to seek the reward
#5. Pressing Key Shortcuts (F2, F9, or F10)
Pressing the key shortcuts is the least effective solution to the black screen issue. As it has helped a few Acers users, let’s not leave it undiscussed. To try out this way as well
- Reattach all the external devices
- Press the power off button
- Wait for the Acer logo to more app
- Be quick in pressing F2, F9, and F10
- Press enter
- Press Exit
- Confirm the action by pressing “yes”
- Press enter to get done
#6. Checking And Replacing The AC Adapter And Recharging The Battery
The discharged system can also be the cause of the black screen issue. The said issue can come to notice when the AC adapter is not functioning properly.
Connect the adapter to any other device and remove and examine the battery to know the real cause. Recharge the battery, fix the adapter, and put them back correctly. If you want to know about the Acer keyboard then read How To Unlock Keyboard On Acer Laptop
[su_panel border=”1px solid #653fa0″ shadow=”0px 2px 2px #eaeaea”]
If the black screen is caused by any such issues, fixing the battery and the adapter would resolve the issue.[/su_panel]
#7. Using Windows Boot Genius
Finally on our list, using Windows Boot Genius is one sure way to get the black screen issue resolved instantly.
The Windows Boot Genius can come to the rescue when nothing else is working. Windows Boot Genius is software designed to fix a plethora of computer boot errors.
The said software is not just effective in resolving the black screen issue, it fixes the crashes, freezes, and reboots, as well. To fix the issue this way, you be required to grab a copy of Windows Boot Genius.
It’s a paid software that can be downloaded from the official website. Once you have made the payment, move ahead by;
- Downloading, installing, and launching the software on your Acer Laptop.
- Plugin the USB device.
- A Window Boot Genius window would appear, select the USB flash drive from the options.
- Hit the “burn” option.
- Disconnect the USB drive.
- Connect the recently burned booted USB drive to the laptop causing the issue.
- Press the F12 key to enter the ”Boot menu”.
- From the boot media option, select “USB drive” and hit “enter”.
- Wait for the new window to come up.
- Go to the windows rescue tab.
- Scroll down to the “crash before loading bar”.
- Follow the instructions properly.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Restart your computer, it’s time to reap the benefits.
[su_panel shadow=”2px 2px 2px #653fa0″]Lastly, you can also fix the Acer laptop’s black screen by testing the trouble-causing laptop with an external monitor, reinstalling the memory modules, and hard rebooting. [/su_panel]