Hardware failure, malware attack, dust in the CPU, corrupted driver, faulty window update, and several other reasons make you force restart your Asus laptop.
Restarting your Asus laptop is simple, force restarting requires a little technical know-how.
However, it is not something that requires you to hire a professional.
You can force restart your Asus laptop yourself.
So, How Can You Force Restart Asus laptop?
To force restart your Asus laptop you have to;
- Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds
- Wait for the power to go out
- Remove the AC adapter
- Once the AC adapter is removed, press the hard reset button and keep holding it for about 40 seconds
The Asus laptop would force restart within a few seconds.
This method works for almost all Asus laptop models except TP420IA and UX4425IA.
If you have to force restart the Asus TP420IA and UX4425IA, you do not have to remove the AC adapter. The rest of the procedure would be the same.
Whether the screen stays alive or goes black, the force restarting procedure would be the same.
You simply have to hold the power button for 15 seconds, remove the AC Adapter, and press and hold the hard reset button.
The Asus laptop would force restart immediately without damaging the system. Learn Do Asus laptops have Bluetooth?
Force Restart with Keys
Fortunately, the Asus users have found a bunch of other ways to force restart the Asus laptops.
The other popular procedures are given below:
- Find the shift key and hold it until the blue screen with advanced options appears
- Refresh the files or choose to factory reset
The Asus laptop will force restart in a few seconds.
Note here this works only for Asus laptops with windows 10 and 8.1.
- Find and hold the Alt and F4 key and wait for the active applications to shut down
- If nothing happens, keep repeating the process until your Asus laptop wants to know what you want to do with it?
- Upon receiving the “What do you want your laptop to do?” Notification, press the down arrow key
- Select restart and press enter
The Asus laptop will restart soon.
- Find, press and hold the Ctrl, Alt, and delete keys at the same time
- Wait for the dialogue box to appear, if the dialogue box does not appear repeat the process
- From the options given in the dialogue box, choose “shut down”
- A pop-up will appear showing further options, press the tab key to select from the drop-down options
- Select the power icon
- Press the down arrow key and enter to company your Asus laptop to restart
- Congratulations! Your job is done.
Asus gaming laptops sometimes lag so we need to follow the above procedure.
In brief, to force restart your Asus laptop you have to press and hold the power button, remove the adapter, and press the hard reset and kick start the Asus laptops operations.