Laptops are extremely important gadgets today that help to accomplish a lot of online tasks.
They are obtained in the market for different prices, they come in different presentations, and the designs usually vary according to the manufacturer.
All these laptops contain an important cooling system for their processors and the internal components that give life to the device.
Laptop processors can handle millions of calculations per second, of which electrical charges are required to work.
After some time, the processors will overheat if they do not receive adequate and quality cooling.
The vast majority of manufacturers usually install a series of heat sinks or cooling fans inside the notebooks.
In this article, you can check out the best ways to fix your laptop fan without having to disassemble it completely. By not opening the notebook and taking it apart, you can ensure that the equipment continues to function for as long as possible.
Also Check: How to Change HDMI Output to Input On Laptop?
Why Do You Need to Clear Your Laptop Fan?
The accumulation of dust particles and dead skin cells found on the fans can slow down the notebook. Incredible as it sounds, these tiny particles are sometimes the product of laptops overheating or not working quickly.
A decrease in airflow speeds will cause the notebooks to overheat, causing a significant slowdown in performance.
Every time the laptop is turned on, more dust can accumulate in that square inch of fan space where the air is flowing.
Can I Clean my Laptop Fan Without Disassembling it?
In all likelihood, you’ve heard that laptop fans can easily clean without the need to disassemble them completely.
That is completely true. However, those who have never done this may have doubts and questions about how to do it. Among the most interesting ways to clean laptop fans without having to disassemble them are:
1. Basic Materials
One of the simplest ways people can have is to use a piece of paper, towel, or cotton swab; and then soak it in isopropyl alcohol.
The steps to be carried out are the following:
- Use a paper towel or cotton swab to clean the dirt from the fan blades.
- Blow the air over the laptop fan one inch away with your mouth for about 10 seconds.
- Check that no dust particles remain
2. Use of Compressed Air
People can also use compressed air to remove dust from the laptop fan.
What they must do is the following:
- Turn off the laptop and disconnect it from the power source
- Disconnect all cables that are connected to the laptop
- Get the can of compressed air and use the blasts of air to remove the dirt on the fan.
- Wipe off any remaining dust with a damp cloth
- Reconnect each of the cables, turn on the laptop, and test for heat build-up using a special app
How to Clean a Laptop Fan Without Compressed Air?
If you don’t have compressed air or want to avoid generating additional waste in empty cans, the fan can clean without the air.
It would be best to remember that this method is more practical and makes laptops have to be dismantled, damaging their warranty.
This method should only use if the laptop does not contain valuable data or you know how to repair this type of device.
- Turn off the laptop and unplug the charger
- Find a laptop teardown guide if possible
- Locate the screws at the top and remove them
- Remove the bottom panel without damaging any flat cable
- Locate the laptop fan, accessing it with a lint-free cloth
- Make use of the heat sink to remove excess dust
- Replace the rear panel, cables, and screws if necessary
- Put everything back in place and turn on the laptop
Few Things to Keep in Mind while Cleaning the Laptop Fan
People who want to clean and dust their laptop fans should do so with good practice every month or two.
Compressed air is the easiest way to clean laptop fans, although it is not the only method out there.
The fast bursts every so often (months) should be more than enough for you to keep the laptop running and very cool.
Although there are several ways to clean the fan of laptops without opening them, sometimes the most viable thing is to disassemble it.
If this is the case, you must ensure that it is strictly necessary; This way, possible damage or problems can avoid at the time of resetting.
It is not recommended to use a hairdryer to clean laptop fans; it should avoid completely.
Dirt, dust, and some small unwanted pieces can get caught in laptop fans. If the fan is neglected, garbage will accumulate so that it will make the laptop a slow device. The results in overheating automatically cause some laptops to shut down to prevent internal damage.