You’ll need the best cheap laptops for video editing with HD or 4K videos or if you want to add extraordinary or best effects, animations, and adding subtitles or to illustrate. While you can trim, merge, or split short clips with a cheaper laptop. Then they won’t provide you high-resolution display, High and strong discrete graphics, and boasting a fast processor.
A Short Guide To Buy Video Editing Laptops
Video editing in most cases synonymous with powerful laptops that contain more than 8 GB RAM. But These laptops have back-end graphic cards that have the ability to decide which have the ability that how to use pixels on the screen to create an image. It doesn’t mean that you can’t do editing on average power laptops. average power laptops that have RAM lower than 8 GB. Video editing software take RAM while running. So, which laptop has more RAM can edit video in high resolution and best quality of videos.
You can edit your video on a low-budget or cheaper laptop. Note that cheaper laptops can edit videos in low resolution. They may be doesn’t edit video in 4K resolution which is the best resolution for best video quality. But cheaper laptops can provide you other resolutions like 1080p or a maximum of 2K.
To make things slite easier, We have made a list of the 15 Best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing, They all have the best functionality in their own way. Thus we look at the 15 Best cheap laptops for video editing that you can buy today.
The processor is the brain of your laptop or computer and indeed performs all the tasks by doing calculations. These calculations help it to run all the tasks on the laptop or computer. Since your laptop or computer has a lot of information then it is a better choice to invest to buy the best CPU.
RAM is the abbreviation of Random Access Memory which holds all the data of your laptop. From start to turn off your laptop or computer RAM is used or released. When we open a video editing software we see that our laptop becomes slow, it is because heavy video editing software covers 60 to 80% of RAM. Which slows down the laptop performance.
Some people convince others to buy a 64 GB RAM laptop for video editing. This is not valid advice because the working performance of 64 GB RAM is the same as 16 GB or 8 GB. So, it is a good idea to buy an 8 GB or 16 GB RAM laptop. It can render a 4K video easily. So, while buying keep this advice in mind.
For best video editing, It is very necessary for the decision of the best display. There are two options for you TN or IPS. So, which display you should go for? Let’s look difference between TN and IPS.
SSD uses flash memory technology with no moving parts, It is much faster than disk-based memory. the SSD memory comes with a higher cost. Also, thanks to the flash memory technology which is evolving quickly and day by day.
Top 10 Best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing
- Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Dell XP 13 9380
- Lenovo think pad p70
- ASUS X555QA Laptop, 15.6″
- ASUS Zenbook 13
- Acer Nitro 5
- Dell Inspiron 15
- Lenovo Idea-pad 320 15.6″
- Hp Z Book x2
- Alien ware Area 51M
1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Comes with FHD 15.6 Inches IPS Display
- It has 8GB DDR4-RAM Memory
- It comes with Windows 10 Home
- This laptop has Fingerprint Reader
I suggest you buy 6 core or 8 core processor. This one-time investment will bring a huge difference in your daily work life. These processors are special when they come in to perform difficult tasks like video editing and video rendering. When you will use these processors then definitely you will feel everything will work smoothly. These are the real benefits of these processors.
Acer company provided Best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing and provides the best facility to its customers. The laptops of Acer have a low budget but they have remarkable functionalities. Like they have outstanding RAM and display etc. Aspire 5 Slim Laptop have many features. These features make the Aspire Slim 5 Laptop superior to others.
Aspire 5 slim laptop price is only 350$ which is also affordable. This laptop comes with a 128GB SSD!
Low budgets have some minor issues like they have hallmarks which is one of the HDD drives. Which gain or consume more battery life and are much slower than SSD drives. Many people buy their own SSD and remove this problem.
This laptop is low budget and cheaper that’s it. This laptop comes at less than 400$ which is affordable.
- Provide a big screen for best video editing
- Under Budget and in affordable price
- 16.5 inch Full HD IPS Display
- 3.5 GHz CPU
- 128 GB or SSD included
- Also available in 32GB RAM but I recommend you 16GB RAM
- Average Battery Life
2. Dell XP 13 9380
- Dell New XPS 13 9300 13.4-inch
- Intel Core i7-1065G7 10th Gen
- FHD Infinity Edge Touchscreen Laptop (Silver)
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro (XPS)
Dell’s company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing. Three USB-C sand one micro SD slot but for people that are just looking for just a more sound port selection there is no USB-A which is some people are going to miss that they do include dongle but it’s still a dongle and dongles are never as convenient charges via USB C and it’s also got the button to tell you how much battery life is on there.
This is a feature that I feel like so many companies like I just wish they would do it. It’s so cool, you press the button, it shows you how many batteries are in there and I feel like it’s a feature that is so convenient and useful but just no one seems to do it anymore. So it’s nice to see that the XPS devices still have it. Uh the USB-C on
The left side support Thunderbolt 3 and I connected this up to the gigabyte gaming box with RTX 2070 and the performance is really good both gaming and video editing is awesome off that gaming box. But if you’re running that stuff on the internal GPU.
The Dell XPS 13 9380 is the thinnest and lightest laptop in its class, measuring at 0.59 inches (H) x 12.13 inches (W) x 202 mm/205 mm (D). It weighs just over three pounds, so it’s easy to carry around with you anywhere without feeling weighed down by your computer!
The display has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels for an excellent viewing experience with good detail displayed in crisp colors. This makes watching movies or streaming TV shows enjoyable from any angle! You’ll also find that the touch screen is responsive and quick to respond, which means no more worrying about trying to use a trackpad when you’re busy multitasking!
A unique feature of the Dell XPS 13 9380 is its webcam that rotates 360 degrees. This means you can make video calls at a more comfortable angle, or set it to point upwards so you don’t have to face your laptop screen while on Skype!
The battery life lasts up to fourteen hours of continuous use before needing recharging (eight if viewing media content), which will be plenty for most people’s needs. And with Intel® Speed Shift Technology and full HD display touchscreen this laptop packs quite a punch in such a small package!
- Great battery life
- It offers a stunning display
- It has great performance and builds quality as well!
- Beautiful design that looks like Macbook’s but cheaper
- Bit Heavy and expensive
3. Lenovo think pad p70
The best cheap laptops for video editing are affordable and of good quality. Lenovo thinks that their Thinkpad P70 laptop is one of the best laptops under $1000 to do video editing. You might need to spend a few more bucks on the Lenovo ThinkPad P70 though because its display isn’t touch-sensitive and its keyboard is kind of stiff. It’s also pretty pricey, but you’re paying for a lot of power, longevity, and storage with the Lenovo ThinkPad P70.
ThinkPad P 70 a 17.3inch workstation laptop it’s also available as the P50 which is a 15.6inch laptop with most of the same good stuff inside with one exception.
Lenovo company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing. The graphics card anyway is for those of you who need a true desktop replacement somebody. Who is doing serious 3d CAD work if you’re doing engineering design that video post-production for films?
I mean serious kind of stuff right here this would even really overkill for most of us I’d financial simulations all that sort of stuff it is one of the few laptops where you can actually do this like no hands hut has a nice thick rear though considering what’s inside of it not all that thick beefy build the usual mil-spec dust water you name it resistance vibration high temperatures, low temperature all the things you’d expect from a thing fat and it’s like the laptops of all do you remember when you could actually just slip a little bar there and pop the battery out.
The Lenovo ThinkPad p70 is one of the best laptops for video editing on a budget. It’s powerful, has lots of storage and RAM, and included SSD drive for fast loading speeds (it also includes an HDD), and it comes with some pretty hefty battery life to boot. The only downside: its display isn’t touch-sensitive and its keyboard is somewhat stiff. It’s also pricey, but you’re paying for a lot of power and longevity with the Lenovo ThinkPad p70.
- Available in both 8 GB and 16 GB RAM.
- Great battery life- lasts about 15 hours
- Huge storage space (256GB SSD, up to 16GB RAM)
- A powerful laptop that does well with video editing and other demanding tasks.
- The battery is not replaceable.
- Minimal warranty
4. ASUS X555QA Laptop 15.6
- ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop
- 15.6” FHD Display, Intel i3-1005G1 CPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard
- Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home in
In the ACS X 555 series, we actually have two X 555 models here as ASUS offers the laptops in this family in a couple of different configurations and either with a plastic case available in a few colors or a dark blue metallic.
Option choosing one over the other is mostly a matter of personal taste and somewhat matter of budget as the aluminum covered models will be slightly more expensive and only bundle higher-end hardware except for a few configurations differences the two variants share most of their features.
Traits this X 555 laptop started about 500 euros over here or $500 in the US and that puts them in the affordable notebooks category they do pack Intel Has well hardware but some corners were cut to meet a lower price point, for example, there are only.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM which is very important for video editing.
- This laptop has a Graphic card which has 8 MB in size.
- These laptops are available in two colors black and silver.
- The operating system of these laptops is windows 10.
- One laptop’s weight is equal to 4.5 pounds.
- These laptops are available in lithium polymer batteries.
- There is no backlit keyboard
5. ASUS Zen-book 13
- ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3″
- OLED FHD NanoEdge Bezel Display
- Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 512GB SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4
Indeed The Asus Zen book sand’s got this interesting feature this link that lifts the keyboard. It also gives it what I would consider being one of the most comfortable keyboards. ASUS company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing. In fact, This device is of standard Zen book quality. It’s aluminum but all around with this chambered edge that’s a third bronze or copper depending on how you look at it.
I’d say it’s more of a copper but that’s just me and it’s really well built it is a Zenbook flagship these are always well-made now if this link is what makes this laptop special they recalling an Ergo lift and it’s not the first time we’ve ever seen a device do this like the whole idea of when you open the device it lifts like we’ve seen other devices do.
We’ve seen other Asus devices do it we’ve seen XPS devices do it it’s certainly not new but these guys do it better than anyone else that I’ve seen the idea is to lift the keyboard so there’s a bit of tilt so it’s a more comfortable typing position as well as opening up the bottom so it’s not touching the surface of whatever
you’re typing on and the tilt is just right it’s an awesome keyboard experience it’s a great layout clean white backlighting the arrow keys are in the proper spot and each keystroke has this nice feel to it on this chiclet.
- Excellent performance
- Multiple color options
- It is relatively inexpensive
- There is no headphone jack
- A crammed keyboard
6. Acer Nitro 5
- Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45-R83Z Gaming Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600H Hexa-Core Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | 15.6″
- NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit Keyboard
- FHD 144Hz IPS Display | 8GB DDR4 | 256GB
Acer Nitro 5 now this is a laptop that’s geared towards that whole inexpensive gaming market it’s 900 bucks it’s got a GTX 1050 TI 256 gigs of SSD. And ACER company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing.
It is not because this is a bad laptop this is actually a very good laptop but as you’ll see there is something a little bit better than this the things that I do like about it first I really like the build quality this thing looks less video editing.
I should say that the average cheap video editing laptop so it has a red strip down here but it’s not that bright cherry red is more like a muted metallic burgundy color it’s still red. ALSO READ: When was the first modern laptop invented
it’s not my favorite thing but I think it’s a lot better than a lot of video editing laptops and everything else on the top at least is black even that logo the Acer logo is just simple black and the components they’ve chosen in here are good the 1050 Ti is that sweet spot for inexpensive 1080p video editing the port selection is pretty standard for this price you’re getting three USB A’s in 1use PC, not Thunderbolt 3 though I like the screen it’s not amazing it’s an IPS screen and it looks not bad I mean it’s $649 video editing laptop you’re not gonna get.
- This Laptop stays cool under pressure.
- Explore game worlds with a 17.3-inch display
- This laptop comes with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 16 GB of dedicated DDR4.
- The touchpad and keyboard are very smooth.
- Comes with Backlit Keyboard.
- Heavy as compared to other laptops
7. Dell Inspiron 15
- Black, Rj45 Ethernet
- DELL Inspiron 15 3501 Laptop
- 8GB RAM, 256 GB PCIe SSD, WiFi
- Core i5-1135G7 15.6″ FHD Laptop
- Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows 10
Dell Inspiron 15 is great because it has a large screen (15″), which is perfect for video editing as well as an SSD hard drive so that the laptop doesn’t run out of space quickly. However, while some users like the large screen size, others find it cumbersome for travel.
Dell Inspiron 15 specifically this 75 91 model came out in late 2019 still being sold now in 2020 in the spring and if anything I would call this a sort of sleep or a laptop. Why because it’s around a thousand dollars thousand and fifty dollars for this particular high-end configuration. Dell’s company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing.
High-quality 1080p display that’s perfect for video editing (1920 x 1080). Solid sound and web camera, great battery life (up to 12 hours), very lightweight at just under five pounds
Large touchpad with plenty of space for gestures and its own number pad. Excellent storage capacity for a laptop in this price range with up to 512 GB of SSD space and the option to upgrade from Intel HD graphics 620.
But you’ve got the chops of an entry-level gaming laptop and something that looks cool stay nice magnesium alloy casing pretty rigid built. So no gamer looks here so it’s a good dual-purpose laptop you’re looking for something that can handle some video but 4k video editing.
- It comes with a large display
- This laptop also provides you a 4K battery drain.
- It also performs Competent performance.
- It has Bunk speakers.
- This laptop is also highly versatile.
- Also Handy expandability.
- Lacks an SD card slot, so you can’t use it as a scanner.
8. Lenovo Idea-pad 320 15.6
- 81W10094US, Business Black
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor
- 4GB DDR4 Onboard RAM, 128GB SSD
- 15″ Laptop, 15.6″ HD (1366 x 768) Display
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, Windows 10
Lenovo IdeaPad 320 laptop is priced at 400$ and ninety degrees the IdeaPad 320 is still as bulky and big as any other laptop in its category but it looks sleeker from all angles. We also like the fact that you do get half a dozen color options on the Idea Pad 320 through budget buyers.
It is a 1920 by1080p display which is a good thing but with sub-par viewing angles you can only read text on this display without straining your eyes only when you are looking straight at it moreover color reproduction is not very good.
Low display brightness does not help either but if someone is looking for a machine to binge-watch videos or just edit some images skip this one the180-degree hinge is still present this year and although it does not add any value to the whole package some users may still like it all the ports on the laptop are on the left side with only the DVD Drive on the right side of the machine you get an Ethernet jack two USB 3.0 ports a microphone headphone jack combo one USB 3.0 type Cport an HDMI port.
SD card slot the proprietary power slot is also located on the left side and the power brick is integrated on the plug itself would also like to add that thunderbolt port would have been preferred instead of the USB type-c port especially at this price range Lenovo continues to offer a satisfying keyboard experience on its mainstream line of laptops.
Indeed new layout on the Idea Pad 320 is almost identical to the one we saw last year but with one key difference, the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard are now smaller the typing experience is smooth and we did not find it fatiguing in any way you get a large touchpad below the keyboard where the left and right key is now integrated into the touchpad itself it supports all the windows gestures but pointer speeds are still slow out of the box the surface is smooth to touch.
but not as smooth as a glass touchpadArthur’s machine was powered by the Intel Core i5 7200 new processor which is one of the most powerful processors you can get at its price Lenovo fares this CPU with 16 GB of ddr2 RAM and a discreet 4GB Nvidia GeForce 940 Exp.
- A powerful four-core processor
- A matte display
- The resolution is 1080p
- Touchpad with excellent comfort
- SSD that works well
- Geforce mx150 with 2 GB of RAM
- Enhanced AC Wi-Fi
- Poor viewing angles on a dark, low-contrast display
- It does not have a backlight
9. Hp Z Book x2
- HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 15.6″ Mobile Workstation
- Full HD – 1920 x 1080 – Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) i7-
- 10510U Quad-core (4 Core) 1.80 GHz – 16 GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD – Windows 10 Pro – in-Plane Switch
The HP ZBook x360 is a convertible laptop that can be used as both a tablet and stationary. It has been designed for video editing, though it will also work well with other tasks such as gaming or office use.
There are many reasons why the HP Zbook x360 excels at video editing:
- With 16GB RAM and an i-Core Xeon processor, the video editing on this laptop is fast and efficient.
- The HP ZBook x360 has a full HD screen with IPS technology for great viewing angles no matter where you are concerning the screen. This means that it will be easy to see what’s being edited despite different lighting conditions.
- The HP ZBook x360 has a battery life of over 16 hours, so you’ll have plenty of time to work with video editing on the go without worrying about running out of power.
The drawbacks are few but worth noting:
- This laptop is an expensive investment, which can be prohibitive for small projects or those who are on a tight budget.
- The keyboard is, in some ways, not as good as other laptops that have all the keys within reach of your fingers and there’s no numeric keypad.
The HP ZBook x360 can be used for video editing with ease, though it may seem a little expensive for many.
- The HP ZBook x360 excels at video editing with 16GB RAM and an i-Core Xeon processor.
- With IPS technology for viewing angles, it will be easy to see what’s being edited despite different lighting conditions on the screen.
- Also, this laptop has a battery life of over 16 hours so you’ll have plenty of time to work with video editing.
You know the Mark of Zorro tablet PC this is finally the HP Z book x2. But we have Intel eighth-generation quad-core Ultrabook CPU inside the same NVIDIA Quadro and 620 graphics a 4k HP dream color display which if you’re not familiar with dream color displays.
- Solid build
- An excellent keyboard
- An excellent performance
- Kickstand with solid construction
- Compatibility with workstations
- Shortcuts are very handy
- Customization options are great
- A matte 4K DreamColour display
- Pen with excellent tools for configuration
- It is disappointing to hear speakers yell at you
10. Alien ware Area 51-m
- 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM, Lunar Light
- Alienware Area 51M Gaming Laptop, 17.3″
- 300hz 3ms FHD Display, Intel Core i7-10700K
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDDR6
The new Alienware area 51 M I have an 85 percent IRR now eight and a half pounds the area 51M doesn’t care about you your back your ears or even your dog. Dell’s company provides the best Cheap Laptops for Video Editing.
But all it cares about is insane editing performance but can a laptop no matter how big really tangle with the desktop let’s find out after you find about glassware instantly see your current and past network activity detect malware. And block badly behaving apps on your PC or Android device use offer code Linus to get 25%off.
The Alienware 17 is a serious gaming laptop, but its sleek design and powerful components make it more than just an excellent choice for Video editors. Check
The newest iteration of the series has a completely reworked interior that includes one of Intel’s latest Core I processors and NVIDIA graphics chips to give you top performance in any game. You get a 17-inch, 1080p display that’s got an anti-glare coating for reduced glare and better color accuracy, plus it has a 120 Hz refresh rate to help reduce motion blur so you can see your opponents more clearly in fast-paced games like first-person shooters or real-time strategy titles.
But Glassware 2.0 at the link below with our model coming in a $4,500 the Alienwarearea 51 m is one serious piece of kit and it feels like it too the magnesium chassis has to be one of the most rigid I’ve ever felt like there’s absolutely no flex and opening the screen. it just feels so good it also has a strong assortment of i/o with the highlights being Thunderbolt three multiple display outs.
- Exceptional graphics and computing performance.
- The processor is suitable for desktop use.
- AMD FX 8320 CPU and AMD FX 8320 GPU.
- A built-in eye-tracking system.
- Keyboard with good comfort.
- Display with 144Hz.
- Component upgrades are easy.
- It is heavy and bulky.
- It requires two power bricks.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best cheap laptops for video editing are not easy to find. But with this buyers’ guide, you will know what features and specifications to look out for when searching online or in-store so that you can get the most bang for your buck! There is a wide variety of laptops on the market today that cater to those looking for powerful machines at an affordable price.
This article provides a thorough overview of some of the top picks from different categories such as budget-friendly gaming laptop deals, high-end ultrabook options, and 2-in1 convertible models. So whether you’re looking for something portable like a Chromebook or have specific needs like excessive screen brightness levels, we’ve got it covered!